Wednesday 23 February 2011

UFC 127 Fight Journal: Final Thoughts

Filed under:

Jon FitchI'm currently in Sydney, Australia preparing for my fight this weekend against BJ Penn, and the days can't pass by soon enough. This fight with B.J. represents the kind of match I want to be involved in at this stage of my career and and I'm determined to make the opportunity count on Saturday night (Feb. 26).

I respect B.J. immensely and have always wanted to fight him one day, and Saturday offers me that chance. As everybody knows by now, B.J. is one of the true icons and pioneers of this sport and is still one of the best fighters out there today. He's in his prime, he's ambitious and he's a great scalp to have for any fighter in the world.

You never really know how good you are until you fight these kind of legends. This is going to be a great test for me and a great opportunity to show the world who I am and what I'm all about. Throw all that in with the fact that I'm headlining an event in Australia, and it's almost overwhelming to try and explain how excited I am right now.

mma training anderson silva chuck liddell martial art mma fight

No comments:

Post a Comment